Well the odds are getting better on the potty these days. Since my last post in early June when Conner went pee pee and poo poo on the potty for the first time, I thought it was the beginning of the potty training success so to speak. He sat on the potty a few times each day for that following week but no success and he soon became not interested. My original goal of being diaper free by the end of the summer was not realistic I guess.
I decided to take a step back and let him come to me. I didn't want to push it and he was clearing not ready yet even though he knew the signs to go he just didn't understand the process yet. I continued to read him potty training books and told him after changing a diaper and flushing it down the toilet that he should tell me next time he needs to go and we can go on the potty. Well a little over a month later he finally came to me.
This Sunday he told us he had to go uckies, so off we went to the potty. To our wonderful surprise he went and continued to the rest of this week!!! So this week he has successfully gone 4 times on the potty, 2 times in the diaper, and once in the bathtub :) So the odds are getting better and hopefully he will continue. I still think my original goal is not realistic but we are on our way to diaper free some day. Once we have mastered going poo poo we will then master pee pee too. My pediatrician said that will be easier after they are trained to go uckies the pee pee will be easy....hope he's right :)
We are SO VERY PROUD of our little man!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment