With the nice weather we have had for the past few days (something that was much needed and much appreciated) we were craving brats and burgers for the party. Ryan got the grill out and running Friday night to make sure everything was up and working since we hadn't used it in a while. Everything seemed to be good, so off to Meijer Ryan went to get the grub.
Well, it's party time and Ryan started up the grill as everyone arrived. BROKEN!!! Now what? While my dad looked at the grill to see what he could do, Ryan headed to Meijer for the second time that day to get some lunch meat as a substitute...Well, it's lunch time, every ones hungry so I started frying burgers and hot dogs on the stove...a little messy but it worked and when Ryan got back we had lots of options for lunch :)
Two pictures into the party....My camera brakes!!!! Thank goodness for my relatives that were taking pictures to share or I would have only two pictures of her party, but truthfully I hate relying on others for pictures :( So here I am, miss camera addict with NO camera (I've already missed out on a few good ones today)....Ryan was busy filming the party on our camcorder...only to have the battery die right during Happy Birthday and cake eating...yep, we can't win. Well, we are in the mark for a new camera so if anyone has good suggestions, please pass them on.
The rest of the party went well and really I'm not complaining, she really had a great party and got lots of wonderful gifts but my weekend is not over yet. Ryan and I were beat after that so when the kids went down early we did also...thank goodness because come 11:30pm we were woken up to Conner puking...yep, that would be his 3rd flu this winter....seriously poor guy!!! Thank goodness Ryan doesn't have a queasy stomach like me cause this wasn't pretty, and I was thankful I could not breath completely out of my nose yet.. needless to say not much sleep here last night and lots of laundry!!
So, today we stayed home from church with Ryan and Conner quarantined in the basement since Morgan and I still have colds. I don't think I could handle the whole family coming down with the flu too like last time. UGH! Conner seems to be feeling a bit better and has kept food down all day so hopefully this week is better than the last few days.
Well, that's the update on the Haartman's.....what a weekend! I'll post pictures this week but right now I'm beat and yep I'm going to bed!!! Here are two from my wonderful sis.

No comments:
Post a Comment