This was a busy weekend full of lost of fun!! It seems we have been so busy lately that I'm way behind on posts but I'll gradually get there, I promise :)
The weekend started out on Thursday with a WONDERFUL date night with my hubby. The 3rd is my birthday so I arranged for a sitter way in advance (Grandma Wittenbach, Auntie Jesse and their new little dog Buddy...the kids had a blast)....the only gift I wanted was a date. We set out around 4:30 since Ryan got out of work early and had a few drinks and an appetizer at HopCat downtown. I didn't know what beer to try so I started having a few samples which turned out to be pretty cool since I was able to try 4 different beers instead of picking one and not liking it. My favorite was a Fruili Strawberry Beer....very good! After that we headed to Louis Benton for dinner and then out to the mall for some birthday shopping. This event in itself is shocking since Ryan hates to shop, but I was actually able to find a few things I liked which is another shocker.....it seems when your looking for something you can't find anything you like but when your not looking they come out of the woodwork..UGH!
Friday Ryan surprised me with something I've been wanting to do for so long......Binder Park Zoo. We packed a cooler and got on the road for a little less than an hour trip, had a picnic lunch before going in and then had a wonderful 3 hours walking around the zoo. Conner walked the whole thing and Morgan walked the majority of it, when we got to crowded areas I tried to keep her in the stroller but when we were on trails she walked right along with her big brother....ohing and ahing at all the cool animals. My favorite was feeding the giraffes....such a cool experience! Needless to say a busy day of walking and exploring made for two very tired kids and they were asleep within minutes of getting on the road. (I will post these pictures soon)
Saturday we got together with a few neighbors for a grill out and fireworks. Ryan had bought some to light in our driveway but the plan was for the dad's to take the boys to the Allendale fireworks at 10p. So we gave Conner a nap so he could stay up late. Conner absolutely loved the fireworks we set off and actually did a few sparklers. This I wasn't too excited about...a 3 1/2 year old with fire...yikes....but he did great. We didn't end up making it to the real ones....I think Conner would have enjoyed them but Michael our neighbors son had his hands on his ears the whole time and kept saying all done, all done....I think it was best to stay home. Which is fine with me since I was a little bummed to be missing out on Conner's first fireworks show, so next year we can take them both. I think he feel asleep with a smile on his face that night.
Sunday we decided to just chill......with much needed downtime.
It truly was a great weekend!
Morgan playing at the grillout...she most of really liked the food since she finished her plate and then started eating off Michael's...my little piggy.

Playing frizbee





No comments:
Post a Comment