Morgan had her 6 month check up this week. She's doing great and the doctor has no concerns. She can be checked for peanut allergies at 1 1/2 which I'm looking forward to....since we have no peanut/nuts in the house she will not be exposed to it. Especially if when Conner is retested at 5 and he's still allergic, but it would be nice to know if she is as well. I guess the chances are higher that she will have a food allergy :( So no eggs til 2 and no peanuts til 3!!!! Either way it will be nice to know early what to keep away from her.
This appointment couldn't have come at a better time for me...Morgan has been sleeping horrible this past week, waking up three/four times a night screaming only wanting to be held or rocked. At first I thought it was gas since she was adjusting to cereal and food, usually she's a decent sleeper and if she wakes up it's because she can't find her paci, but as soon as she has it she's back asleep. So I started putting a little prune juice in her bottle once to twice a day to help her out, which it did in that area but the screaming continued. It's been four maybe five nights in a row so I know something isn't right.....either she's teething or has an ear infection. So I was ready to find out what was the problem! I was praying it wasn't an ear infection, since she was giving me no signs that her ears hurt. I've also never had to deal with that with Conner and I've heard from parents that have and it sounds no fun. Well sure enough her ears are clear but she has her top FOUR teeth coming in. My poor baby!!!!!!!! A little Motrin before bed and she sleeps like a baby again. She must have been in lots of pain :(
Morgan gained 2 lbs and 2 inches in 2 months. She now weighs 16lbs 2oz (75%) and is 26 1/2 (50%) inches long. The funny thing is Conner weighed more and was longer when he was 4 months old. What a chunker! Check out their stats on the left side of the blog. Conner was a whopping 4 1/2 lbs heavier and a few inches longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment