Thursday, October 16, 2008

From the little truck to the BIG trucks!!!

Field Trip for the Haartman's!!!

The Little Truck

The BIG Truck (Conner can barely see over the stirring wheel)

Conner seems to be into the fire trucks lately so I've been meaning to call our local fire station to see if we could stop in....it's one of those things that I hate to admit has been on the list for a while. After the silent parade last week he has been talking about fire trucks and their lights none stop, so I bit the bullet and called the station. They were super nice and said for us to come in the next day around 4:30p. So we invited a few friends along and were on our way. I wasn't too sure how Conner would react up close and in person but he seemed to be excited.

I was surprised to see Pete (someone I worked at WZZM with a while back) was our very own fireman tour guide. I knew he worked there but wasn't sure what time of day or even that specific station since Walker has 3. He made the kids feel very special!! We got to see all the tools, equipment and get right up in the trucks to investigate. He was super excited to turn on the lights, blow the horn and turn on the sirens. Even Morgan didn't bat an eye with all that noise. All in all the field trip was a success and Conner was on cloud nine. Maybe a future fireman :)


He turned on the lights in this pic :)

Checking out the equipment

Looking at the heat censored camera.

Kennidee wasn't as excited as Conner, she really just wanted her mommy :)

No comments: