Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sorry this took so long to post....we've been busy enjoying the weather and I had lots of pictures to go through.

We had a great time in Chicago visiting with family this past weekend. Conner enjoys playing with his cousins so much I really wish we lived closer. We left Friday morning since Ryan had the day off work and came home Sunday afternoon.

The plan was to go trick or treating before dinner on Friday. I at first was planning to skip the trick or treating all together this year. I was a bit leery about the kinds of candy he would get and since he is allergic to peanuts he can't have 95% of any chocolate/candy bar...my worse fear was he would want to open each one and then have a meltdown if we said no, but I decided I didn't want to exclude him in anything just because he has an allergy.

We ended up giving him the choice to go with Seth but he had to put on his costume....so all week he refuses for me but when you mention candy and Seth in the same sentence he's super excited to put on the costume, KIDS :) Much to my surprise the evening couldn't have gone better if I planned it. He didn't ask to eat one piece of candy because he was so excited to go to the next door and yell trick or treat! About half way through he said his bag was too heavy so we emptied out the bad candy and kept the good candy for him to carry. We planned to go around just one block but the boys were having so much fun we ended up walking for miles :) It was a wonderful evening and I'm so glad I didn't take that experience away from him. I've always considered myself laid back but I'm learning to go more with the flow. Although it was a bit nerve raking that the neighbor kid that walked with us was eating his candy the whole time....Reese's Peanut Butter Cups to be exact :)...thankfully Conner didn't even notice he was having so much fun.

The rest of the weekend was spent celebrating Seth (4yrs-Oct), Braeden (2yrs-Oct), Conner (3yrs-Jan) and Kasey's (1yr-Nov) birthdays. They all have October/November birthdays except Conner, but since it's been too hard in the past due to snow/storms to celebrate Conner's in January we decided to do it early....it all worked out wonderfully. We're already looking forward to seeing everyone for Thanksgiving.

No comments: